Saturday, December 11, 2010

Two Chances for Holiday Patronage

Christopher Ulrich has launched a holiday patronage program on Kickstarter:



"My name is Christopher Ulrich. I have done an alchemical journey through painting. The first series was called Demoneater and it represented “the black phase." I had my first one man show on November 2nd, 2007 at the Bergamot Station in which these works were featured. That set the process into motion. Two years later, after a lot of hard work, I began The Illuminator series which represents “the white phase." Those works were shown on my birthday August 6th, 2010 at The La Luz Jesus Gallery. I am now on the eve of completing this journey. The next and final series will be The Reckoning which represents "the red phase." I want to create 12 new paintings, one of which will be a large epic mural and it is scheduled to be shown on December 7th, 2012. I currently need the funding of $12,000 to pay for these new surfaces and frames that I have designed and materials to execute them with. My hopes are to complete the Great Work. When I first began to fulfill this dream, I was not widely known. However during the process, I have gained a growing recognition which has been very encouraging. If I could generate the funds for the 3rd project and reward any contributions with my various gift supplements, I would consider it not only an honor but the Universe's blessing to see this thing through."

Christopher Ulrich's work is rich with process; he routinely develops up to a dozen graphite design studies before initiating each of his paintings. He will be rewarding pledges with those studies from his next show, The Reckoning, which debuts at La Luz de Jesus on December 7th, 2012. If 240 people donated a mere $50 each, he would reach his budget goal, and be able to begin working on the last entry of his Christ Chronocrator series. I know that money is tight, but this is a worthy cause that would pay off in bragging rights alone –and you'll get artwork that is already worth a hell of a lot more than your donation.

There are pledge levels from $25 to $5,000.00, with each level of donation reaping greater rewards than the last. La Luz de Jesus Gallery will be taking no commission from these, so please donate knowing that all of your pledges go directly to funding Christopher's next show.


The Twelve Days of X-Mas Sale Begins Tomorrow!
GIGER! BARKER! SORREN!

I'll be sending out notification tonight at midnight to herald the beginning of our Twelve Days of X-Mas Sale.

Following the success of our Black Friday Art Sale, I was contacted by a handful of private patrons and estate managers to represent more high-profile, Blue Chip caliber works –including actual, museum exhibited paintings. In addition to a new assortment of pieces from The Clayton Brothers, Shepard Fairey and Camille Rose Garcia, this twelve-day, virtual exhibition and private sale includes original work from Swiss surrealist H.R. Giger and visionary futurist Syd Mead, whose collective influence reaches beyond the art world to have permanently impacted pop-culture, industrial design, entertainment and architecture.

Not every masterpiece will be posted (to preserve a degree of anonymity for the sellers), so if you would like to receive information on these and other once-in-a-lifetime purchase opportunities, shoot me an email (info@laluzdejesus.com) and I'll respond with images, sizes and prices.

Buying art changes lives.
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment